Users browsing this thread: 77 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
(06-16-2013, 10:17 PM)Koopaul Wrote: Of course the fans factor in. I'm just saying it's only somewhat. Sonic was the only character I'm aware of that was put in by popular demand. I'm sure Mega Man was as well. But things like Wii Fit Trainer is all Sakurai obviously.

But... but... but... that's the thing! Some are Sakurai's own choice, some are due to fans wanting them in, many are largely a combination of both! Sonic and the Wii Fit trainer are like... the extremes of a spectrum, here. Falco was surely picked in large part due to the fact that he's the most popular Star Fox character, along with how he's a "fighter" much like Fox. Diddy is in a similar boat as well. Lucario's in due to his huge popularity as a Pokemon and to represent Gen IV. Meta-Knight and Dedede were added almost DESPITE Sakurai because he didn't want to have his characters crowd the roster. There's different reasons, rarely is it ever "just Sakurai" or "just fans" or "just series importance". It's always a combination... and Mother has all three covered in a lot of different characters, especially considering many people close to Smash's development probably even worked on Mother games! So like... no. F-Zero doesn't compare. Kind of wish it did! But... it doesn't. End of story. I'm not posting about this again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Tellis - 06-16-2013, 10:39 PM