Users browsing this thread: 67 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
(06-16-2013, 07:53 PM)Koopaul Wrote: Anyway I'm just going to say this, but if Mother didn't have it's fanbase (which is still not the general public by the way) it would be a lesser franchise than F-Zero. Considering it's number of games and just how much Nintendo seems to care about it: F-Zero made cameos in Super Mario RPG, Animal Crossing, Kirby Super Star, Mario Kart, and more. Mother had only one cameo that I'm aware of in Kirby Super Star. (It shows Nintendo itself likes F-Zero more than Mother) It's literally just the fanbase that makes this franchise so big and has everything else against it. I'm just saying

I personally believe fan-favorites, movesets, and "personality" have nothing to do with character decisions in Smash and really shouldn't.

F-Zero's fanbase is not the general public, either. If I took a couple gamers out of a random pick at a convention and showed them a character from F-Zero who's NOT Falcon, I figure they'd have a pretty difficult time of it - while I'd argue that the Chosen 4 from Earthbound are fairly recognizable among the gaming community even though only two of them have shown up in SSB (and Jeff was only an assist trophy.)

Don't you fucking say Nintendo "likes F-Zero more." You are not Nintendo, cameos do not equal how much they like something. Earthbound's only really cameo-worthy things are the Mr. Saturn (a living race of sentient beings that would be awkward to shoehorn into RPGs and such,) the Franklin Badge (Not recognizable without zooming in to see the print on the front,) and possibly the Starmen (same issue as Mr. Saturns.) And if we're gonna talk about Mother cameos, uh? Hello? MEW FUCKIN TWO?

Honestly I think Earthbound has had a huge influence on other Nintendo games outside of cameos. Its brand of writing and humor can be seen in other Nintendo RPGs like Paper Mario, the Mario and Luigi games, and I'd be surprised if someone told me Link's Awakening's writing wasn't at the very least inspired a bit by Earthbound's.

You are not Nintendo, and the people who make those games in which F-Zero cameos are part of different teams who may or may not represent Nintendo's general opinion on a series, so don't act like you know what they think.

Also keep in mind the hype surrounding Earthbound's VC re-release and the fact that Nintendo often have character slots dedicated to "current" characters (Ike replacing Roy because Tellius was the current FE series, Lucario replacing Mewtwo because Gen4 was current and Lucario was kind of the posterchild, etc.) I think they're going to keep two slots for Mother characters, and POSSIBLY add one more if they'd rather not swap out Lucas to add someone new.

And I wouldn't be adverse to a new face from F-Zero either. I've always wanted to play those games.
Thanked by: Tellis, Mutsukki, Baegal

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by megaMasquerain - 06-16-2013, 08:34 PM