Users browsing this thread: 83 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
(06-15-2013, 10:49 PM)Koopaul Wrote: Fanbase is only a fraction of the love. How much the company loves the series has greater power over us nerds. Also you didn't factor the love of the common folk. In the eyes of the commoner, people know no more about Mother than F-Zero. Average Joe would have the same idea of what they are. But series like Mario they could identify immediately.

Even if the fanbase is a fraction, it's a pretty damn big one. Ether way that's kind of an irrelevant argument you are making regarding that subject.

Plus, take a look at how many people played the original Smash Bros. Did they know who Captain Falcon and Ness were when they unlocked them? no, they had to find out who they were themselves. Now we're about three games from that now and there's alot of fans for both series. Regardless of how many fans ether games had, I'm pretty sure that most commoners know them now. So again, this doesn't matter.

(06-15-2013, 10:26 PM)Ploaj Wrote: It doesn't really matter how many reps, but if a series if represented in the first place imo.

Actually it does. Wouldn't you call bullshit if Donkey Kong had four characters and Mario only had two?

Technically, if you consider that if it wasn't for the Mario series to help push DK's popularity, they're almost the same series. But yet they're not.

So in a certain point of view, I wouldn't care. It's silly when I say this but the original Donkey Kong is what crafted the Mario series and the modern DK series. So both series represent one game in different ways.

That being said I think it's a little unfair to compare Mario and DK to Earthbound and F-Zero no? Since neither Earthbound or F-Zero have much of a relation aside from the fact they're both owned by Nintendo.

I'm sorry. But you can't blame me for trying to rationalize why someone thinks Mother is a class above F-Zero. The first idea that pops in your head is that they like the series better. So I'm sorry I did that.

But really we're having the wrong debate here. We are debating "Why a Character Should Get In" instead of "Why a Character Will Get In" which all comes down to Sakurai.

I could debate with you guys forever that F-Zero is equal footing with Mother and only should have one character. But Sakurai is the one who decides that.

There have already been several points that have been made against your argument here though. Like how Earthbound is an RPG and F-Zero is a Racing game, and how Earthbound still has more notable characters than F-Zero. And so on.

What does interest me though is the whole RPG vs. Racing game thing translating into a fighting game though, so I think I might go a little farther in this section under the quote I'm using to make this post.

Lastly I do agree that it does come down to Sakurai in the end on who gets in, lets just remember that he has done a decent job of listening to the fans in the past. Which is another reason why you can't really rule out the fans entirely. Sure he doesn't always acknowledge them but to be real with you, it's not like he wasn't aware of them. This is the reason why Wolf got in and it's probably the same reason why Lucario got in.

Far as the whole RPG and Racing thing though, I kind of want to say how easy it is for an RPG to translate into a fighting game better than a racing game.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that in an RPG you learn some special attacks right? Like Thunder in Pokemon or PK Flash in Earthbound. Riddle me this, since RPG's already have a huge list of moves for one character then how easy do you think it is for someone to make those characters into a fighting game? Pretty easily considering that factor.

And it's already been stated that it's hard to translate a racing character into a fighting game since you'd have to make up moves for them. Captain Falcon was probably the only one that wasn't as difficult for Sakurai to put into Smash Bros. Take a look at this video for a minute:

Those are really the only two moves worth noting. The rest of his moves were made up if you recall. Imagine how hard it would be for Sakurai to make a move set for another F-Zero Character.

I know this argument has been really trivial on both sides but I wanted to put my two cents of logic in this since there were a few things that I thought I'd chime in on.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Baegal

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by DioShiba - 06-16-2013, 09:33 AM