Users browsing this thread: 63 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
(06-15-2013, 10:26 PM)Ploaj Wrote: Your argument kinda confuses me.
I can't quite put my finger on it though.
I think it's because your reason is the series are more "beloved".
Mother has a huge fanbase. You could easily say it's loved. It just doesn't get a game every other year like Pokemon or Mario. Mostly a popularity thing
F-Zero on the other hand, has a very tiny fan presence. I'm not saying a lot of people don't like it or anything, but you won't be seeing many forums dedicated to the series.
I'm not trying to say Mother should have more characters than F-Zero, but why it could have.

Fanbase is only a fraction of the love. How much the company loves the series has greater power over us nerds. Also you didn't factor the love of the common folk. In the eyes of the commoner, people know no more about Mother than F-Zero. Average Joe would have the same idea of what they are. But series like Mario they could identify immediately.

(06-15-2013, 10:26 PM)Ploaj Wrote: It doesn't really matter how many reps, but if a series if represented in the first place imo.

Actually it does. Wouldn't you call bullshit id Donkey Kong had four characters and Mario only had two?

(06-15-2013, 10:26 PM)Kriven Wrote: I'm viewing this from the perspective of somebody who adores the F-Zero franchise and its characters, not a Mother fan. And from this perspective I can still tell that the Mother franchise is a class above F-Zero.

Regardless, I'm done debating with you if you're going to invent a false representation of who I am to rationalize your stance.

I'm sorry. But you can't blame me for trying to rationalize why someone thinks Mother is a class above F-Zero. The first idea that pops in your head is that they like the series better. So I'm sorry I did that.

But really we're having the wrong debate here. We are debating "Why a Character Should Get In" instead of "Why a Character Will Get In" which all comes down to Sakurai.

I could debate with you guys forever that F-Zero is equal footing with Mother and only should have one character. But Sakurai is the one who decides that.

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Koopaul - 06-15-2013, 10:49 PM