Users browsing this thread: 71 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
(06-15-2013, 10:11 PM)Koopaul Wrote: So your argument is that F-Zero characters are sucky and Mother characters are cool? Okay gotcha.
Okay, I can see your point but I still feel the need to respond to this? Because I what I was saying is that, as much as I ADORE the campiness and silliness of the F-Zero characters, they are absolutely not beloved characters because their characters are only ever part of the game if you feel like reading about their backstories in the profile menu. Because it's a friggin' racing game. Not an RPG, where the characters's stories actually have any sort of impact on the game itself. And yeah, Mario and Pokemon have more characters due to their popularity, but each of the characters in each ALSO have made at least SOME difference when it comes to gameplay in their games. As opposed to F-Zero characters who boil down to being lighter/heavier, slower/faster, and better or worse handling. And there's 30+ of the friggin' dudes.

I mean, F-Zero GX is one of my favorite games EVER and I'd friggin love, like, Mighty Gazelle or Baba or Bio Rex as a character but it just isn't gonna happen because no one else is as important to the series as Captain Falcon (and even that's arguable). The big difference here is that Mother is incredibly popular and F-Zero just... isn't (which is criminal but the truth), and Mother's characters are interestingly varied and could have really cool movesets (which is why it's a shame that Lucas is such a clone). Yes, Lucas might be cut, but I argue it'd upset way more people than if F-Zero's hypothetical second character got cut.

... but can we get a Phoenix costume for Captain Falcon. I would pay money for that.
Thanked by: Ploaj, Gors

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Tellis - 06-15-2013, 10:47 PM