Users browsing this thread: 42 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
(06-12-2013, 01:03 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: Or perhaps even the Tactician, as I said before. What I think people might have to come to accept given the rumor from several months ago about Sakurai wanting the roster size to match Brawl is that some characters might get the axe. Here are some speculated guesses:

Toon Link- supposedly that is him on the spirit tracks stage, I have no idea because I didn't look hard. However, i think it's safe to assume a character is LESS likely to appear playable if they are already in a stage. Also, due to him being very much like Link, perhaps he was considered redundant.
That does appear to be toon link, which I figure really DOES hurt his chances. However, LttP link might be replacing him. There's room for the faster link with a COMPLETELY different moveset if they do this... (and hopefully a new final smash where he uses all three medallion spells).
Assuming the spot isn't out right axed. Other contenter for the faster link role: Tingle, who like Zelda could nick some of Links stuff to fill out his move set.

Quote:Meta Knight- Why would I ever think the coolest character ever might be at risk? Well according to some people, Meta is overpowered in Brawl's competitive scene. I'm inclined to agree because he is so freakin awesome. He's also the only character I am aware of banned in tournaments. That doesn't really effect me, but if this news ever reached Sakurai he might either need to rebalance him entirely or cut him. Seeing how Sak doesn't want to oversaturate the game with his own characters, it's a possibility, even if remote. Really the same goes for Dedede, but now that Bowser is faster maybe Big D is the new slow and heavy.
It's very remote, and if it some how DID happen, if there was ever another Smash bros after this, Metaknight would have to return (he'd turn into the new megaman if he got cut from brawl) Rebalancing is the faster and easier option really.

Quote:Lucario and Ike- seeing that both franchises have been susceptible to cuts in the past, I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both these guys replaced. In Ike's case I'd be disappointed, he brings aspects to the table in terms of how he is played that differ from the original Marth and Roy, and I don't think his style is exactly able to be pasted onto Chrom.
My prediction is either Mewtwo either replaces Lucario or they both stay. Somehow.
In the Ike Chrom case, I'm pretty sure they'd only have to fix Ike's taunts to make chrom fit... so Ike is likely to be replaced.

Quote:Wolf- Though he has the biggest differences from Fox compared to Falco, his lazy Final Smash and late appearance in SSE could mean he was added late in the production. However, Jigglypuff appears in the SSE just the same way, and JP has staying power. Just think that if anyone else, it might be someone who is the third character inspired by one original moveset.
Have to agree here. At the very least, ONE landmaster is going, if not the characters that use them.
Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.
HELP-Need as much C+C and playtesting as I can get on my SHMUP Megaman reimagining!
[Image: mx9RKdo.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Terminal Devastation - 06-12-2013, 01:27 PM