Users browsing this thread: 60 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
(06-11-2013, 08:41 PM)Koh Wrote: So I'm the only one who wants to see Mike from Startropics in SSB?

I want him so bad I made a moveset for him before.

Anyway, random thoughts from the peanut gallery:

I've been thinking about the whole Zelda/Sheik debacle about how Zelda herself has changed drastically and Sheik has not been entirely relevant as part of her character. Three solutions I see to that: One is to split Sheik off as a totally different character character from Zelda (While still referencing the fact she indeed IS Zelda), introducing Toon Zelda/Tetra to continue that transforming mechanic on a different, smaller character, or just redesigning or trashing Sheik all together.

Pokemon I think will probably try to cater to Gen 5 with Zoroark and Gen 6 with that Mewtwo form. Its hard to say with a franchise that is basically teeming with monsters who fight, I almost just want a Smash style game with as many Pokemon as possible.

For those who are not Fire Emblem savvy, Awakening introduced two related Lords characters who are essentially similar in fighting style, and have loose ties to Marth. Their style is different enough from Marth to make the possibility of one of them playable, most likely Chrom, and if Ike returns what you essentially have is a trio of blue-haired swordsmen crowding the roster. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I like all three of them and they can be adapted to be different enough from each other. The disappointing thing is the fact that, like Pokemon, Fire Emblem is very character heavy, and while having a little of everything is very much impossible, I'd like to at least see ONE character who isn't a sword-wielding lord. There's an axe-wielding villain late in Awakening that I think could be a cool addition, though I have no idea how popular he is.

What is an even more interesting Fire Emblem prospect though is the Tactician. You have a character that you name in the beginning of Awakening that you customize, who can basically be any class in the game, his or her starting class having both swords and magic. The ability to be almost any class (I believe there are gender restrictions for some?) makes a vast array of abilities available to the character. If the Villager and Pokemon Trainer shows us anything its that even a customizable, nameable character can be made into a Smash character, so this could be an opportunity for Fire Emblem to have a non-Lord style moveset for once. Also this Tactician has big storyline significance in Awakening later that could give rise to a good final smash.

As for the series most likely to be included for the sake of gaining interest in a long-forgotten series (In the way Melee introduced Fire Emblem to the west and how Pit got renewed interest in Brawl), I feel like the two most widely agreed upon candidates are Takamaru and Sukapon. Takamaru had a game in Nintendo Land, proving they haven't forgotten about it, but Sukapon would probably be more out of left field.

Lastly, am I the only one who wants a Golden Sun character playable? I'd settle for even just one.
Thanked by: SchAlternate

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by TomGuycott - 06-11-2013, 08:52 PM