Users browsing this thread: 71 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
[Quote: AkumaTh: Quick question: What was Samus's character before that? I'm looking at the Wiki and they said the only glimpses of it were in three games: Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and Metroid: Other M. In Metroid Fusion (the last in the Timeline), there were a lot of reflection on moments in Other M.]

Admittedly Samus' character wasn't given much attention in the games themselves before Other M, with the exception of Fusion (I'll get to that in a moment), but Samus' own actions and the gameplay itself portrayed her not as a heartless killing machine (See Metroid II, Samus cannot bring herself to kill an infant metroid) but as a courageous and very noble warrior (Metroid Prime 2, wherein Samus risked her own life and transcended dimensions to save an alien race from genocide). Fusion's Samus displayed more actual personality and, I thought, felt rather real despite not talking or monologuing all that much, at least nowhere near Other M levels. Regarding Fusion's connection to Other M, remember that Fusion was created 8 years prior and as such it's not likely that Other M's awful plot even existed in any form at that point. Other M just lifted vague details from Fusion and went crazy with them.

Ultimately, the story existed as an excuse for the games, which is part of the reason Other M isn't something that should even have been attempted... Since it's not even primarily a game.

Anyway, I'm done bitching about Other M. I've already thought about that game too much for one lifetime. Back to the topic at hand.

[quote:TreeStar: I'd rather see Naruto get into brawl before Pinkie Pie or whatever other god damn pony there is out there. And that's saying a lot since I'm not that big of a fan of Naruto and the chances of him getting in are pretty low.]

>naruto
>not wanting Goku instead

Goddamn, Goku would be perfect for SSB.

Also, is there anyone else who feels the same way I do about the wii fit lady? Surely I'm not the only one creeped out by her.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Lemonray - 06-11-2013, 07:19 PM