Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Castlevania - Rondo of 8-bit [very early alpha]
okay so lemme explain a few things

basically im doing this for my end-of-high-school-diploma (ie baccalaureat), cause i have this programming class option
the deal is they say it has to be python, so the guy who i was assigned to make this with and i plan on only making a simple boss fight (the white sea dragon thingy), its really sufficient for the graded project
seeing as they're making us do this in python (a very slow language) i think i'll redo it in another language after the school year is finished (probably haxe) by myself
[Image: 0Nfmq9s.gif]

so here's what i got now, an almost fully playable main character, there's now the iconic 256x224 screen size and a camera system, the backgrounds are working (yes i know parallax is impossible on an NES but fuck u)
my friend'll take care of making the boss and attack collisions
i just need to do the HUD and draw the full sheet for the boss

gors, could you send me an OGG of whatever song you'd want this battle to have (its just for a tech demo so the official boss music isnt even required)
and maybe sound effects if that isnt too much to ask Smile

feel free to criticize the background by the way (it totally abides restrictions yes i double-checked (except for parallax))
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here

Messages In This Thread
RE: Castlevania - Rondo of 8-bit [very early alpha] - by Lexou Duck - 01-27-2014, 01:57 PM