Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Calling Bullshit regarding what happened last night
(11-15-2012, 09:31 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 09:30 PM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote: again, i'm not saying you don't have valid points, but when you back them up with fallacious arguments, then i can't take them seriously.
what "fallacious" argument have i made?

thanks for giving me a serious response. sincerely, thank you.

one example is, of course, in the post i just made.

(11-15-2012, 09:30 PM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 09:17 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: so it's totally okay that your community does it, as long as i don't do it back.

gotcha!

in your post right there, you assumed that anything i hadn't said in my post was something i didn't have qualm with, and you did this in order to make my argument seem flimsy. in this state, it's a lot easier to take me down, huh? that's a Straw Man fallacy.

actually, you've done this previous times in this thread.

(11-15-2012, 08:12 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 08:10 PM)Sengir Wrote: The TSR moderation team never claimed you're a sub-par developer, that was my own statement. I wasn't even a moderator at the time so please keep any personal vendettas out of this.
so just because you weren't part of the mod team, that justifies personally insulting me?

(11-15-2012, 08:34 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 08:34 PM)PatientZero Wrote: obsessively hold up the forums here as the worst thing on the entire internet and take every opportunity to snipe at the staff and members behind closed doors, and then deny it vehemently
"This Group Of Friends Joke About Things Every Once In A While, So Therefore, Ergo, They Do It All The Time"

these were actually pretty infrequent, so saying you backed up your claims with "fallacious" arguments was an exaggeration, but these still stood out to me. arguing in this fashion only weakens your points.

honestly? you started out a little incendiary, but with well-thought-out criticisms, and then you started to respond to people with sarcasm and straw men. i noticed you weren't as bad about this after i posted.

(sorry if i'm getting over-analytical here)

((also i skipped over literally everybody else's posts, so apologies if someone else did the exact same thing and i failed to call them out on it. that doesn't excuse me not being fair, but i'm just trying to make a point at the moment. if there are any examples you'd like to point out, please do! i'm singling you out in this post, but i don't like anybody arguing this way))

anyway, i really mean none of this personally, tyvon. this just really gets to me. sam liked to post and talk to me in the same ways, and even though he would always pin it down in conversation as "the way he talked" and that he "didn't mean anything" with it, i could never find it in me to trust him.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calling Bullshit regarding what happened last night - by Crappy Blue Luigi - 11-15-2012, 09:52 PM