Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping GBA music/sound effects - the SUPERIOR WAY
(04-06-2013, 02:11 PM)Lair of Rockwhales Wrote: EDIT: I found the issue. Had to add Java's location as a system path under Computer's properties. Unfortunately, the game I was trying to rip (LEGO Racers 2) doesn't have a sappy engine. Any other, non-sappy programs I could use?

EDIT 2: the format is apparently ALRP if that helps.
Unfortunately I don't think anyone has made a program for the other GBA sound engine(s), I know the Metroid games are sadly affected by this issue.

(05-05-2013, 05:39 AM)Nils Wrote: That was just what I was looking for.
But I got a question to you Phase:
You said you already tried it with minish cap.
I wanted to get some of the sound effects from the game, like the sound of the minish people when you talk to them. But it seems that a lot of these sounds haven't been extracted correctly or the soundbank doesn't fit, so I already hear the same note in a lot of those 1 second samples.
Is there any chance to fix that or try another method? Did you have the same problems with minish cap?

170 is the first sound that doesn't work

I think some of the sounds are actually from the LttP port since it uses the same engine, but a different sound bank.

I never went through all of the sound files, but all the ones I checked seemed fine with one or the other sf2. I'd need to have a look at some point, I'm always getting distracted.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ripping GBA music/sound effects - the SUPERIOR WAY - by Phaze - 05-08-2013, 05:45 PM