Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Delightfulness of the Strange - Quirky Games Project
Ginga NinkyouDen (Arcade)
Playable Character
[Image: ir9Qpi5iBVtmm.png]

[Image: ibywITdE07QBXF.png]

When I first played this game, I kept saying eh? since this game is really quirky. Sure the storyline is the typical girlfriend being kidnapped by a stranger and you have to save her but the entire game doesn't make sense especially with the developer logo popping up randomly and the credits listing characters that aren't even in the game. It is pretty much Japanese culture the game ranging from Godzilla, Japanese baseball players, them things from Super Mario Land, ninjas, Kamen Rider, Saki from Sukeban Deka II as a boss and other things but there's also a lot of manga/anime stuff in this game that somehow they got away with it. From what I can see there's Jigen from Lupin the 3rd, Tensai Bakabon, the bikers are from Zenderman, Joe from Tomorrow's Joe, Kenshiro, a boss that fires Astro Boy, some robots and Lum, the girlfriend looks sort of like someone from Project A-ko, references to Maison Ikkoku in the first stage, even the playable character looks like an anime character. Oh and there's Rambo and Jason as well. Sadly I think it is a kusoge since it doesn't play well at all plus the tiles were all over the place...
Thanked by: Garamonde, Ton

Messages In This Thread
RE: Delightfulness of the Strange - Quirky Games Project - by Yawackhary - 09-05-2012, 01:01 PM