Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[INDIE] GRAPPLE KNIGHT by RED KNIGHT GAMES
I have to say, I'm a sucker for anything like Bionic Commando; the NES version is one of my all time favorites.

Mechanics-wise, you still have a bit to do. the over all controls are floaty; the character seems to just glide along
the ground, and he slides when changing direction, but has no animation for turning. The grappling hook has
issues with aiming, at least it did for me. Getting the game to register a diagonal extension was difficult, making the
red wall portion a bit harder than it needed to be. I'm not sure if this was intended, but the sword attack can be spammed
by holding the attack key, where as the grappling hook cannot. Hit detection for both the sword and grapple are way off
in most instances; most of the enemies I killed were never actually touched, but my weapons still damaged them. you need
to refine your hitboxes and collisions so that the when the player kills an enemy, its because their weapon hit them and not
because it grazed the air around them.

All that said, the game was an interesting little romp, and i look forward to playing a more polished, fleshed out version at some
point.
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by: Gaia

Messages In This Thread
RE: [INDIE] GRAPPLE KNIGHT by RED KNIGHT GAMES - by Sevenstitch - 08-09-2012, 08:43 AM