Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
TSR PIXELART COMPO VOL. 1: STEAL THIS SPRITE (8/5 - 8/12)
(08-11-2012, 03:49 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: I thought I'd make a quick edit:
[Image: Qe2g5.png]
You may notice that you set the eyes quite far apart, whereas in the original sprite, they are closer: this is due to the angle of the nose. The nose you've done is straight, from the brow/bridge to the tip. However, if you look more closely on the sprite, the brow is quite prominent and then the bridge appears deeper inside the face.
As Keiang pointed out, I think the size of the mouth is making the character look younger, so making it bigger will set the face to more adut proportions. The same applies to the chin, and this is the feature, along with the jawline, that will help us determine the gender more easily: a small, fine chin is a feminine tendency, and a bigger, blockier chin is a masculine tendency.
I hope this helps!
The original sprites nose looks a bit too long considering he was looking upwards; I wasn't sure how it'd look down, so I assumed it would stick out more. When I saw my work I thought it looked a little like a Shin Megami Tensei meets Gunstar Heroes clash :o
Edit: Ah wait, I see his nose here is smaller >> http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/372..._large.gif
His face in that pic I linked looks far too young and small for his body... it was really confusing lol. I think the designers didn't realise he has a tiny head!
I had a fight with his chin and lost xD
Your points are very helpful and appreciate your edit to the work. Looks like the Compo thingy is over though but I had some feedback and hope to improve next time Smile

I generally draw people in weird ways so I let my own style overtake the original when I should flex my styles of art more. I'm still new to spriting so all feedback is good feedback. Thanks everyone
Thanked by: Keiang

Messages In This Thread
RE: TSR PIXELART COMPO VOL. 1: STEAL THIS SPRITE (8/5 - 8/12) - by PixelPixie - 08-11-2012, 06:49 PM