Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping models from xbox 360 games?
(08-07-2013, 02:16 AM)Maelyss Wrote: Well I know on PC games you can edit the file easy and I was wondering where the model files were located on the disc so I could edit them.

I have no idea what PC games you're thinking of, but all PC games that are moddable either A) Were made that way by the creators (see Skyrim) or B) Had tons of work done leading up to what makes them moddable currently (see SADX and Sonic Generations).

As for putting models back in. That's about thirty times harder than just ripping them. To do that you have to actually learn the entire model format and how it works, be able to compress it or contain it in an archive, and just hope it works.

And just to add to the main topic, there's no set standard for ripping 360 models. It's either a MaxScript, external program, or some off made thing. The UE Viewer posted only works on games using the Unreal Engine. It just so happens the Unreal Engine was a big hit with some developers as the engine is pretty easy to use.
I post stuff randomly. I hope you people like what gets posted.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Ripping models from xbox 360 games? - by farakh - 07-12-2012, 06:53 AM
RE: Ripping models from xbox 360 games? - by ItsEasyActually - 08-12-2013, 06:04 PM