Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Super Mario World: All-Star Edition: Team Fangame Project
(08-11-2012, 12:23 AM)Zero Kirby Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 12:15 AM)sspp03 Wrote: You misunderstood me. We arent lying to your fucking faces. It was a bit of a miscommunication. We have like around 10 or more people on the team. Two people of the team who TESTED the dev actually reported good framerates. The rest of the team, including myself and Mikeystar had the dev running at less than optimal speeds. The dev is constantly being updated to address some errors and we are adding new things in there.

Okay. But Mikeystar said the framerate isn't a problem for plenty of people. That implies that the framerate is normal for plenty of people. He got that from somewhere, I'm guessing your dev test. 20%, of which he himself is not even included, is not plenty. That is a very small number. Mikeystar should've known this, so either Mikeystar likes unstable framerates and assumes everyone else does, or Mikeystar lied.

Mikeystar Wrote:How are you helping? I don't expect you to work 5-6 years for changing several graphics, let alone backgrounds, that aren't much of an issue.

The HUD is large, yes, but I don't expect you writing down notes on a sheet of paper saying how many cherries do you have or, how much Bonus Stars do you have. Besides, all of these things don't appear on the screen all at once. understand, okay.

How am I helping? Besides trying to point out various problems I see with your screenshots? I've said things about more than just the choice of graphics, I hope you noticed.

Mikeystar: These problems have been pointed out before, ZeroKirby. But it's a problem globally then it should be addressed. Again, the whole HUD doesn't appear on the screen!

Also I noticed you're still ignoring my problem with your HUD - you are tracking too much stuff. It doesn't matter that you are putting numbers there so I don't have to track it, or that it's not always on screen, you are keeping track of too many variables to begin with. I really, REALLY doubt you can't find a way to drop the cherries, gems, and Bonus Stars, considering you've got coins and Ace Coins.

Mikeystar: Gems? It's money, but you don't care. All of these parts of the HUD are essential in some way. I shouldn't have to say it again. If all of these things are in the HUD that's because somewhere in that level it takes place in the game. Not always for the cherry counter, but hey. Its not covering the screen, right?

Quote:Also "graphics" not being as important as gameplay is an absolute utter lie! graphics are what convey the details of the world and focus of the game to the player. bad graphics can mean more than just ugly spriters, and using tiles and assets from different games that were trying to convey different things is pretty bad form for your entire product.

Mikeystar: I stand corrected. I apologize. But for the #th time, the clashing isn't too much of a problem for several forum members on other boards. (MFGG, Talking Time, Bibby Team, etc.)
My name is Mikeystar, I am the co-founder of Super Mario: All-Star Attack!, a Mario fangame started by me and ~CaMtEnDo~ in the year of 2010.

Wink

The Super Mario World ASE Reactor! Join Today!
http://s4.zetaboards.com/SMWASE_Reactor/index

The Super Mario All-Star Attack demo is out! Play Now!
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-27416.html

The All-Star Attack YouTube Playlist is here, see it on this link:

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR3hxsct...VO&index=5]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Mario World: All-Star Edition: Team Fangame Project - by Mikeystar - 08-11-2012, 12:32 AM