Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario World: All-Star Edition: Team Fangame Project
(08-10-2012, 07:50 PM)Zero Kirby Wrote: That certainly is yellow

Also noting that in the first screenshot Mario's cape is wrong, and of course that YI-background in the third screenshot clashes with everything else, and what's that floating hand thing in all of them? Don't tell me we're going to have to use the mouse for stuff in this game?

I appreciate the amount of work you're putting into this, really, I do, but some levels have health meters, some don't, there's so many different variables, coins, cherries, gems, stars all in the first screenshot's HUD, and what looks like the card thing from SMB3, why is that there, I get the feeling you're not really focusing so much on proving good gameplay but just a lot of it. And while I love giving the player multiple gameplay options, you're really not doing that, and just seem to be changing the rules every other level or so, which isn't a very good way of going about the game.

I dunno. Maybe if I played a demo I'd have more to say on the matter, but from what I've seen, I'm not really impressed by this, just confused.

Also, if you're going to provide the player with the option of getting to 999 lives, and are admitting your game is easy, just remove the lives system altogether. It's obsolete and you clearly don't need it.

You should say this to MKFusion as well. Like you said it won't be so complicated once you play the game. I have nothing to say, really. I'd suggest you read the rest of the topic, since the 999 lives problem was already solved.

What's so confusing about the HUD? Why is it so confusing? Seriously?

As for the graphics. That's all we have right now, and if the clashing is a problem that's the best we can do. I'm glad the bit-format is 16-bit meanwhile. The backgrounds are not much of a problem.

Also, the mouse (the "floating hand") is a developer feature. You can actually turn it off using a keyboard key.

For people who are explaining things that are similar to Zero Kirby's post.

We are sorry you feel that way, and that you are not providing the critique we are looking for. We're not looking forward to hearing that backgrounds are clashing with graphics, or, some tileset seems to pop out from the rest of the graphics. If you don't appreciate it, then, just don't download the demo when it comes. It may not look polished in your opinion, but, I believe this game will be very fun to play when released, as long the frame rate isn't much of a problem, which it isn't for plenty.

We're not forcing you to play the game, and that there are already many people following the project and eagerly awaiting it's release. Aplenty. We have hope. But..

If this continues, we will take business elsewhere, and that is that. If you choose to be make fun of the gimmicks of this fangame, so be it, but we will not respond.
My name is Mikeystar, I am the co-founder of Super Mario: All-Star Attack!, a Mario fangame started by me and ~CaMtEnDo~ in the year of 2010.

Wink

The Super Mario World ASE Reactor! Join Today!
http://s4.zetaboards.com/SMWASE_Reactor/index

The Super Mario All-Star Attack demo is out! Play Now!
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-27416.html

The All-Star Attack YouTube Playlist is here, see it on this link:

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR3hxsct...VO&index=5]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Mario World: All-Star Edition: Team Fangame Project - by Mikeystar - 08-10-2012, 09:38 PM