Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Super Mario World: All-Star Edition: Team Fangame Project
(07-12-2012, 02:47 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: You can lazily recolor all the shit you want, but unless you get the game's actual art style down in one and not have SMB2 on SMB3 in the same picture, this just looks ugly to say the least.

You have yet failed to realize that this game has graphics coming from Super Mario All-Stars. And not only have you criticized without any things that I can improve on, you just blatantly ignored that this game features SMAS+SMW graphics with nearly the same pallete.

Now this brings up can you make better graphics than Nintendo did when it was first released?

Quote:Changes: (A list of changes)
This way, the HUD gets tidier and aligned. Also I'd mode the HP bar a little higher, because the in the middle, it looks like actual objects instead of HUD icons.

This makes the screen more able to be seen, I like your suggestions, I'll see what the team can do in the future.

Quote:one question i have is why do you have simple clouds in some of the screenshots but you use shaded clouds in the sky area and 2 other areas? same with the 6th and 7th screenshot; why is the ground tileset different from the other ground tilesets?

About the clouds, I have no idea what you're talking about, the area is supposed to be scenic, you didn't have to judge about why are there clouds in the FG area and the Background.

Quote:I was hoping to see some gameplay, not a ten-minute unnecessary intro story. By now all we need to know is "Bowser = bad. Here are your characters." Brevity is the soul of wit, after all. Right now we get a lot of exposition on both sides and no action. It immediately tunes me out of the story. We have a 5-minute scene with Bowser and then when he's about to finally do something, we cut away.

There is only little of what you're seeing, that's not all. Look on YouTube to find more videos of ASE. As for no-action, do you see most of Nintendo's 2-D platformers having a large in-depth story about Bowser's unfolding plot? The prologue is just enough to show what's happening.

Quote: Why not open with Bowser transforming Pipe Land or whatever, so we get an example of what the Star can do, then cut to a reaction by Mario, et al reacting (Maybe they see the sky darken on the horizon and all run off to help), Choose your character, bam.
Then we could get snippets of what the All-Star is as bosses are defeated. It keeps the story going as you progress and lets you jump right into the game. Just an idea.

Very nice idea, with Bowser transforming Pipe Land and what-not into a Factory Zone, however, the graphics needed for this area is not 100% Completed.

Out of everything I'm hearing about this fangame in this thread out now, upsetting all the comments are either not a sign of "A job well done" or any people that want to contribute to this project, we've been doing the best we can with graphics. We DON'T have enough people to satisfy everyone's critique about clouds, and everything not coming in the same style which isn't even an issue, Iceman404. You can't expect the best graphics to satisfy you out of a game we've been working on for two years and failed to release a demo because of lagging issues and what-not. Just stay tuned because a demo wasn't released at this point in time.
My name is Mikeystar, I am the co-founder of Super Mario: All-Star Attack!, a Mario fangame started by me and ~CaMtEnDo~ in the year of 2010.

Wink

The Super Mario World ASE Reactor! Join Today!
http://s4.zetaboards.com/SMWASE_Reactor/index

The Super Mario All-Star Attack demo is out! Play Now!
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-27416.html

The All-Star Attack YouTube Playlist is here, see it on this link:

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR3hxsct...VO&index=5]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Mario World: All-Star Edition: Team Fangame Project - by Mikeystar - 07-12-2012, 03:08 PM