Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Where did you get your username from?
Sock comes from a sheep character from this thing I was doing a long time ago. Now it's just kind of my handle I guess (which means calling me "Star" is about as inaccurate as calling Fox "Star," but it probably sounds less stupid so that's okay).

I needed a Minecraft name and I got mad from not being able to come up with anything normal, so I decided to use Sock in the most obnoxious way I could think of. It kind of unintentionally fits with my thing for astronomy. I wanted to be an astronomer when I was a little kid, but then I realized I hate math and it's really hard to get a job as an astronomer, or so I hear. I put it down on tSR figuring I would just change it if I ever actually posted, but... that didn't happen. My sock hands are the best thing anyway.

When Sock doesn't work on its own, I put other words behind it. In Spiral Knights I put Pocket_Sock because I own several pairs of socks with zipper pockets. They're kind of neat (and surprisingly not uncomfortable), but they're also kind of useless.
In Transformice I put Windsock because the koinobori in the game Claymates left an impression on me when I was younger, but people kept reading it as "Windshock" for some reason. I guess that sounds cooler, but my names aren't supposed to be cool.

It doesn't matter to me what my usernames are because I usually just go as Angie in places I actually care about anyway.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where did you get your username from? - by StarSock64 - 04-14-2012, 02:16 PM