Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[READ ME] SPRITE SHEET GUIDELINES (UPDATED 6/23/2012)
Quote:Usually games include different palettes for characters (hurt, alternate colors, etc.). Include a frame of the changed palette so the user can recolor it as he wants.
Quote:If the character has animation that interacts with several objects, rip the clean animation first and then add a visual example to complement it.
Quote:
Quote:DO NOT FORGET TO SAY WHERE IT IS FROM, AND IF THE CHARACTER IS PLAYABLE, A NPC, AN ENEMY ETC. This info will make it easier for us to upload it.
The same happens if the character is made up of several pieces. Include all the pieces so the user can use them as he wishes.
Oh dear, are all of these mandatory? Because I have a hard time getting different pallets for certain character sprite sheets, and It's hard/impossible for me to rip the pieces individually of characters. Sad

Also, we have to indicate the game, character playable, npc, and enemy in the sprite sheet? Because I thought I normally did that in my posts but not in the picture and kind of feel bad for not having it in the picture. Sad

I still appreaciate the guide though! Specially the part with wasted space and stuff, I really loathe those.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IMPORTANT] HOW TO MAKE A GOOD SPRITE SHEET 2.0 - by FormerUser20 - 02-29-2012, 05:17 PM