Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PSVita games = no manuals... or, Dick Moves By Game Companies and why they're wrong
The last time I found a manual useful was for Xenosaga, and before that Persona 3. Persona 3's manual has a great little chart for 2-way Persona Fusions and makes it a lot easier to figure out to get certain Fusions (and there's no easy way to figure out this info in-game). And Xenosaga's was helpful because it was very easy to forget exactly what all of the little pieces of the battle screen meant, especially because you don't actually do any fighting for 1-2 hours after you go through all of the battle tutorials, so it doesn't exactly stick very easily. If you could only check the manual for the game while outside of the game, or from the in-game menu (and not, you know, anytime), I would be completely lost in battles. . If they work like that, then that sucks. But if they work along the lines of something you can pull up like the PS3 menu in the middle of games then that would work just fine in most cases. It would be hard with Persona 3 because it helps to have all of the info in view at once when figuring out more complex fusions by yourself.

So I guess what I'm saying is that the use of a manual really depends on the game. There are some situations where a physical manual is truly the best option and a digital copy just won't do, like in some games with complex mechanics that might need to be checked from time to time.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: PSVita games = no manuals... or, Dick Moves By Game Companies and why they're wrong - by Tellis - 02-16-2012, 02:06 AM