Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PSVita games = no manuals... or, Dick Moves By Game Companies and why they're wrong
Taking the paper manual out of the equation isn't that big a deal to me, if anything it makes more sense to have it within the actual game. Saves paper, too. The only inconvenience I can think of is that you'd have to actually be playing the game to look at the manual. Honestly though, more developers should be making an effort to create intuitive gameplay mechanics. I tried playing the PSP port of Final Fantasy Tactics awhile back, and the tutorial section had probably 60 separate tutorials. 60?! Are you out of your fucking mind? I realize that might be an extreme example, (and a port of an old game) but really.

I can understand why you like getting something a little extra with your game, but a manual is just an instruction booklet. I do think that a lot of problems tend to pop up when companies handle digital distribution the wrong way, though, and that's prooobably where you should be focusing your attention. Many types of DRM, and all Day 1 DLC and exclusive preorder incentives are much more of a dick move than digital manuals.

Also I do agree that the cases don't need to be nearly that big for just a tiny cartridge, what a waste.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PSVita games don't have manuals... not joking - by Sol - 02-15-2012, 05:00 PM