Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PSVita games = no manuals... or, Dick Moves By Game Companies and why they're wrong
They've actually been headed that way for quite a while. A lot of games I've bought recently ended up having no actual manual, just advertisements or downloadable content kind of flyers. Really manuals were cool back in the day when they were bright and colorful and were almost like miniature art books. Nowadays where actual concept art books for popular video games are more common I don't think they're as effective in that regard anymore (not that they've been achieving that feeling recently anyway).

Also lots of manuals for foreign games were riddled with terrible translations. I remember in the Megaman Zero instruction manual it had artwork of three of the bosses and it listed them as "Ciel's Companions", in other words ally characters. I don't think I've even read a manual since then, but lord knows I wish my used copy of Demon's Souls had one when I bought it. That crap got confusing.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: PSVita games don't have manuals... not joking - by TomGuycott - 02-15-2012, 03:23 PM