Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My Fakemon and Other Pokemon Sprite Stuff
(02-27-2014, 06:20 AM)Gors Wrote: the biggest problem here is that you don't even know how to 'draw' properly. One should know how to make the basic shapes such as spheres, cubes, cylinders etc. to start drawing things (complex objects are actually many simple objects tied together!)

Once you get the hang of drawing such shapes tridimensionally and in every perspective, anatomy gets easy, and if anatomy gets easy, stylization also becomes easy.

This actually gives me a good idea for a little exercise for this guy to try. Since a lot of characters and objects are made with simple shapes, what he could do is take an existing character and draw on top of it to see how many shapes he could break it down into. Once he does that, all he needs to do is replicate the shapes (and possibly pose them into a new character pose) and then draw the character outline to encompass the shape.

Here is an example of what I mean.

[Image: ConstructionShapes_zpsb254d51c.jpg?t=1393505966]

It doesn't have to be this geometrical in case you're wondering, but I like using geometric shapes over organic shapes because I get a better sense of depth and volume that way.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: Speed-X, SchAlternate

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Fakemon and Other Pokemon Sprite Stuff - by E-Man - 02-27-2014, 08:10 AM