Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
My Fakemon and Other Pokemon Sprite Stuff
(01-23-2012, 05:58 PM)Captain Wrote: i'm glad you took the time and consideration to give constructive criticism and advice without resorting to being a generally unhelpful, unproductive and probably unskilled piece of shit. keep it up!

But how is this helpful, productive and in any way involves skill?

You could have contributed to the thread too, Shawn.
You do pixel work yourself, and are easily able to be beneficial to OP's work.
Even a terrible negative post is saying "there's something wrong with this sprite," despite it being barely useful.

The majority of your problems come simply from everything.
With shading, you've got a weird light source. It comes from the bottom (see: body of Leevo and Loggo), but also the top (see: leaves of Leevo and Loggo). With Drivigo (what does that mean, exactly? The other 2 are leaf and log, but what is Drivigo?) however, you've got a single light source to his left, which is better. The left leg of Drivigo can have a darker brown, which would show depth, making the leg look rounder.

Your palette is lacking and boring, and you are able to use more than 2 browns, especially since you want a wooden texture. You could easily push 4 shades of brown, 1 of which for making the outline less black.
The leaves have little contrast between the shades of green, which looks bad, and in small spaces (like the leaves), does look gradient-esque.

The designs themselves, are arguably "pokemon-esque." The style may just not fit.

There's also weird issues with them, like the legs on Leevo look awkwardly spaced out, the tail is weirdly stiff and why his mouth goes into his leg would be impossible on a skull.

Loogo would not be able to balance with all his legs leaning in the same position, his tail is a twig, and he has no character at all.

Drivigo's arms, as far as I'm aware, are supposed to be branches, but they look really

dumb.
They're awkward and just look too goofy for an evolution of a serious "fakemon."
The main leaf also confuses me. It starts out huge on Leevo, is then tiny on Loggo and Drivigo ends it with having one in between. It's supposed to follow steps in changing, ie. evolving, which is something these sprites need to do desperately.

Read this, http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=13868
and see if you can find little techniques and tricks you don't know about.
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Fakemon and Other Pokemon Sprite Stuff - by Proton - 01-23-2012, 06:43 PM