Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Sprite Comic] Pokemon The Commercial
(01-13-2012, 09:05 PM)justover6 Wrote: 0.e wtf!

Ok let's just say for a second I didn't know he made all those sprites himself. Not only is it unoriginal, it passes off as a pre-made sprite comic (Can you say One Piece much), and it has jokes in it.
Seriously? You're claiming your sprite comic and Neorice's are identical because of the ""possibility"" that he didn't make the sprites?
Even if he didn't, what's in his comic is coherent and works together nicely, with similar tones, CUSTOM word bubbles, and a general theme made in it. His looks like there was genuine effort put into it.

On the other hand, you are mashing up sprites from multiple series which do not even look SLIGHTLY similar, using boring and out of place text boxes, warped and stretched backgrounds, confusing panels, and hard to follow dialogue, and have the nerve to call Neorice's comic "unoriginal"?
Your resolution is completely off, and The sprites are merely rotated and resized to pass off as a different panel. There really is no way to improve this other than to give the comic a coherent theme or look, by either using similar sprites or doing it from scratch, in addition to looking in to some storyboarding tips and making the dialogue clearer.

(01-13-2012, 09:05 PM)justover6 Wrote: In fact; take off that "Good criticisms all the way..." NO NO wait keep it there, the ellipses tell me everything. What it probably says is this, "Good criticism all the way, just kidding" is that what you left out? Because you just told me toilet jokes is original because that's a "very very rare good examples."
What are you, 12? You're insulting someone who went out of his way to share his thoughts with you on how to improve your work, took the time to write it out in an intelligent manner using references to make his point clearer (for YOU, not anyone else), and all that you could have thought up was insult and telling him how to critique your work?

(01-13-2012, 09:05 PM)justover6 Wrote: Here let me help you out with critiquing, spell out why my comic is so generic using the first two rules I posted. Act like I've never seen a sprite comic in my life. And you're the one person that can help me make a better comic.
This thread is advice on improving your work, not advice on how to give advice on your work. Nobody HAS to give advice, and I don't see why anyone should right now.

[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: Gwen, Altrez, Ploaj, Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Sprite Comic] Pokemon The Commercial - by Baegal - 01-13-2012, 10:22 PM