Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Sprite Comic] Pokemon The Commercial
copypasting because the same exact thing applies here

(01-09-2012, 09:04 PM)M9999 Wrote: no.

simply, no.

(01-09-2012, 09:59 PM)masquerain Wrote: To elaborate on what Metaru (M9999) said...

Sprite comics with premade sprites have been done to death. They look unprofessional, are generic, and don't stand out at all.

The first thing I'd recommend is practicing making your own sprites from scratch. Once you have a good grip on those, THEN you can try working on a comic.

We have a forum for sprite critique here, too, so if you make something custom post it there.

If you do end up making your own custom comic, I'd recommend doing an original story. It could be based in a video game world or it could be totally, 100% original, but either way, it's more original and will stand out more than "luigi and snivy talk about video games" or w/e. The market for "funny" sprite comics has come and gone, every joke's been done, etc etc.

(01-10-2012, 02:28 PM)Gors Wrote: [Image: gbgQJ.png]

here's an example of a good sprite comic. Note that every sprite in there is custom and specifically made for the comic. This shows others you took effort into making the comic, and it's much more interesting than what you did as masquerain said.

but then, to even be able to do something like that, you need to know about pixelart, practicing and improving as an artist.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Sprite Comic] Pokemon The Commercial - by Gors - 01-13-2012, 07:05 PM