Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Wii-U/3DS Thread of JAPAN TIME!
Well, I realize that it doesn't have to stay entirely true to the original games (the MOTHER characters can attest to that -- Ness' Final Smash should still be PK Rockin') but Ridley's a giant fire-breathing dragon with long lanky arms and claws. His eyes are about the size of Samus' head and he picks up Samus either by most of her upper body or at least her head with one claw. He just doesn't seem like a thing which can be shrunk down without losing a lot of what Ridley is. I'm not saying that they can't do it, if anybody knows how to properly mess with character proportions it's the Smash Bros. people, but I'll be surprised as all get out if they do. I can only see him playable as this little hunched over, curled up long-armed mess crawling around, which just wouldn't be Ridley. Ridley flies almost all of the time. And this is just me but I can't see myself actually enjoying playing as Ridley, as much as I love Ridley as a character.

Oh and also he was gigantic in Brawl as a boss character. Just seems weird to go against that, too. I do think it's realistic to think they might bring him back as an Adventure Mode boss again. Hell, bring Kraid into adventure mode too, I can see him being really fun to fight in the SSB style.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Wii-U/3DS Thread of JAPAN TIME! - by Tellis - 12-31-2011, 06:26 PM