Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Wii-U/3DS Thread of JAPAN TIME!
(12-31-2011, 02:08 AM)Koopaul Wrote: I believe in a character number balancing.

If "Series A" gets this many characters than its only fair that "Series B" get just as many characters. Of course to do this you'd have to know what each series is worth.

How many characters does a series need? And does that number increase based on the number other series have?

Nintendo's always been really bad at this. I'm not referring to series like Mother and F-Zero though (although I could complain about that for hours on end too). I'm talking about Metroid. The series had been riding a recent resurgence in popularity (something that definitely began with Metroid Fusion, and up to now I think it's probably ended with Other M). In Brawl all Metroid got was one additional character who was tacked on to the only pre-existing character. I feel like that was pretty lame on their part.

To completely throw a wrench into my statement though (just to be fair), the franchises that had the most characters didn't really get any new additions in Brawl, just tweaking or reimagining (in the case of Toon Link). That doesn't really excuse the laziness in Wolf's moveset from Brawl. That wouldn't have been SO bad had it not been for the fact he was the LAST character people found when the game came out. Laaaaaame.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Wii-U/3DS Thread of JAPAN TIME! - by TomGuycott - 12-31-2011, 09:26 AM