Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"Giving credit" when uploading images to a wiki
(11-17-2011, 10:33 PM)Groupoid Wrote: Thanks a lot for the answer.

I know my first question is probably weird to answer. Basically the thing is that in the wiki format there is no way to "give credit" I consider particularly good. I could for instance put a note saying I got it from here in every single File Page, but not only is that a lot of work, it also feels pretty useless, since no one reads them anyway.

Personally I can't say I care much about all of this, but another guy on the wiki is making a fuss about farfetched scenarios of the ripper suing for usage of her "derivative content" if we don't give proper credit. It's weird...

I think a lawsuit is a bit far fetched but I do fully agree with giving people who put in the effort to rip these sprites, regardless of whether they hold the actual copyright for the image, credit for their work. I only can't answer it because I'm not exactly familiar with how the wiki is set up. If they are all going on a single page though, I feel like it would probably be enough to throw a line in the references section to the effect of "All sprites ripped by Shoda from The Spriters Resource" which would include a link to either the submitter profile directly or otherwise at least to the home page.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Giving credit" when uploading images to a wiki - by Petie - 11-18-2011, 08:29 AM