Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I've had a lot of games land on my desk...
yeah i mean, i hope nobody was expecting to try playing skyward sword like a regular 3d zelda game (put up shield, wait to attack, never lose health)

i'm pretty sure the whole point was to make combat less obvious and simple, which is a good thing imo - i mean the combat in the other 3d zelda games doesn't bother me, but you have to admit it isn't very challenging. skyward sword seems like it's trying to get the player thinking more, and even if the game isn't particularly hard at least its making you more actively involved. it's actually a good thing that the shield breaks, now you can only use it intelligently instead of literally all the time

tbh what skyward sword looks to be doing is just adding a bit more for the player to think about, but not so much that it's too much to handle (though i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of zelda fans have trouble initially since every 3d zelda game up to this point gives you almost nothing to think about in combat situations)

but of course i won't know until i play it, we'll see
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: I've had a lot of games land on my desk... - by Jalopes - 11-14-2011, 12:01 AM