Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
I've had a lot of games land on my desk...
The problem with franchises like Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed is that they release entries far too frequently, which devalues the franchises as a whole.

In the case of AC specifically, the first game was very meh. Since most people often try the first entry before moving on to a sequel, if they were burned out on the first game due to its "mehness" then it's highly unlikely they will invest in the sequel, no matter how many improvements were made. You could say first impressions count. Not just AC, but quite a few of Ubisoft's properties suffer from that. Rayman(Non-rabbids) and Beyond Good & Evil seem to be part of the very few Ubisoft series truly worth buying.

@Dazz: Funny you should mention that. In a recent Iwata Asks for Skyward Sword, the developers mentioned that Skyward Sword was originally meant to be controlled by buttons, until later in development when they realized that the game "needed" motion controls for some reason. Still, I enjoyed Twilight Princess despite its dodgy controls, so I'm sure I'll find some enjoyment out of Skyward.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: I've had a lot of games land on my desk... - by Azure-Tranquility - 11-12-2011, 02:01 PM