Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
I dig this Game (tentative title) development thread
alright I just wanted to stop by and say Previous you sexy beast

I remember when this idea was... well, just that. An idea. A concept made of ASCII art. A simple little thing which probably wouldn't get finished like many other game projects started up on tSR. I especially remember this project (along with Super Arisa World) because I remember a lot of activity cropping up when I first joined the forums.

Forgetting to check back here to see what's been going on, I notice the topic in the recent post list and return to be surprised by quite a few posts by Previous of the game's engine... and, what's this, a playable demo! Surprised, I decide to download it and dive right in... and I must say, I am INCREDIBLY impressed. The engine runs very smoothly without any noticeable bugs, the game's "rules" are clearly defined and don't break no matter which way I position my ladders and ropes, and the levels are wonderfully designed, leaving the player begging for more. I'm also blown back by the music (and slightly saddened by the lack of external music files); did Gors make these tunes himself/herself/wartortle?

((Minor EDIT: I also liked how "Press A" actually made sense for once, as the default key literally starts bound to the A key. Bahaha!))

I only have one main gripe, and it's the shovel sound effect. All the other sound effects have a soft little -thud- or -click- or -tinktink- to them, but the sound effect played when digging is SO DARN LOUD. I'd appreciate if the volume for this one specific sound was reduced so it's not so grating, especially playing this with headphones on.

I also have a couple questions: is any version of the Puzzle Editor available for download or is that still under development? Also, I can't immediately tell what you used to make the game. Was it made from scratch through something like C++ or Oracle? Did you use a "ready-to-go" engine like Game Maker or Multimedia Fusion? Was it something in-between? Working on a project of my own, I'm interested in little technical stuff like this.

Anyway, great work! I now have high hopes for this project, and I feel that you are more than capable of meeting them. Smile
(12-10-2012, 12:23 PM)Orgasmatron Wrote: i like to go into public restrooms and poop as loudly as possible

its like taking a shit without giving a shit HEH
Thanked by: Gaia, Previous, Phaze

Messages In This Thread
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 09-26-2012, 01:19 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 09-27-2012, 04:11 AM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Kami - 10-15-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Mag - 11-24-2012, 10:50 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by SmashBroPlusB - 11-29-2012, 07:05 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 11-30-2012, 08:17 PM