Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I dig this Game (tentative title) development thread
[Image: La5l4.png] [Image: E1PF7.png]

Added removing ladders/ropes while climbing, the preview box for placing ladders or ropes now is at the position where the new one will be placed.

Also, as the two screenshots there show, I changed the user puzzle implementation. Instead of recognising one single file (which would require the user to swap this file to swap the user puzzle list), you can now drop all your funky user puzzle lists into the /ext/ folder, as all puzzle list files within that folder will be listed to choose from (*.pzl, *.pzc). I figured this would be more convenient.

Save data files now are named not only after the puzzle list, but get a suffix number that is some kind of hash value. This is to reduce the probability of two different user puzzle lists using the same save data, which would mess things up badly! (Mine always have the same name because I'm too lazy to change it (I use the user puzzle list system for debug test puzzles))
I also added some simple save data hacking prevention because I could (not that I'd expect anyone to bother).
I may make a similar "choose your file" thing for user graphics at some point. (I already made it so user graphic lists do not need to include all graphics, but only changed ones, as the game will just use the built-in ones if one isn't found).

Yea, I didn't pay any attention when we discussed the database homework solutions. Happens~
Thanked by: Shade, Sevenstitch

Messages In This Thread
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 09-26-2012, 01:19 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 09-27-2012, 04:11 AM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Kami - 10-15-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Mag - 11-24-2012, 10:50 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Previous - 11-29-2012, 03:37 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 11-30-2012, 08:17 PM