Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I dig this Game (tentative title) development thread
[Image: mu88Y.png]

Looks the same as yesterday, sure. But it's a huge change from the other screenshot I showed before.
What I did yesterday was adding tile graphics instead of the old coloured squares since it looks much nicer this way. I also changed a bunch of smaller things and tidbits to make working with it more comfortable (I had already changed a lot since that other shot, though, and not everything here is really new even if it wasn't in back then).

As you can see in the new screenshot, when adding graphics I set the tool icons for toolboxes, so their contents would be more visible without needing to hover over them (which is still necessary for the contained tool count, though), but I also added an option to display them as ominous toolboxes (seen yesterday). There also is an image export option that lets you save the puzzle as a PNG (because I could as I have it at hand anyways). It is also possible to load custom tiles (although the image needs to be of the correct size and tile layout).

Today, I added undo and redo (five steps, could easily be more, but I thought that'd be enough) and replaced the block combobox with block buttons below the puzzle panel. The mouse functionality has also been changed, I settled for left click to set (or floodfill or pick, depending on the setting below), right click will remove (or flood-remove). Control plus left click will pick, just as if the pick setting was used. I think that should be more intuitive than the weird ctrl / shift combos from before and the block buttons are much more comfortable than the box.

Oh right, rocks and dirt checker pattern arrange themselves automatically while placing them (there also is a security net, but you wouldn't notice).

PE looks a lot more polished and usable than the image converter, I tell you.
Thanked by: HandToeKnee, Gors, Shade, Mag

Messages In This Thread
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 09-26-2012, 01:19 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 09-27-2012, 04:11 AM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Kami - 10-15-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Previous - 10-30-2012, 02:45 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Mag - 11-24-2012, 10:50 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 11-30-2012, 08:17 PM