Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I dig this Game (tentative title) development thread
Okay I think I did fix the boulders-on-boulders bug back then, recently I fixed another similar bug which had the same symptoms but only when the boulders or columns were at the very bottom. I also fixed a ton of other bugs and errors and special cases.
Why I come across so many bugs recently? The answer is simple: I am working on puzzles. Lots of puzzles. Not too many yet, but they're coming, but they take time, as they have to be solvable (although I have absolutely no idea if the solution can actually be found) so I have to test them a lot, make parts work the intended way or scrap impossible ideas altogether, try not to have too many unexpected dirtslides (always take care of hollow space below!), give enough tools but not too many, maybe lay a hint or not...

Aside from fixing bugs there isn't too much new. I made some fadein- and fadeout effects for menu navigation and I added an overview option to the pause menu (pause during a puzzle using the menu button, select "Overview" and you will be able to move the viewport around so you can inspect the level without having to move cels everywhere) - I figured it'd be nice if the player could check out the puzzles and look ahead. I also changed the gem count display to not display how many gems you collected, but how many gems are left to collect as that information is much more important!

Yea, that much for now. Thought I'd keep you informed that I'm still working on it Wink
Thanked by: Link, Phaze, Shade

Messages In This Thread
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 09-26-2012, 01:19 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 09-27-2012, 04:11 AM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Kami - 10-15-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Previous - 10-19-2012, 10:51 AM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Mag - 11-24-2012, 10:50 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 11-30-2012, 08:17 PM