Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
I dig this Game (tentative title) development thread
Allrighty, I guess it's time for a little status report.
I'll make this short, as the technical mumbo-jumbo won't be really interesting to you folks.
Basic game mechanics are down (player movement and interactions). Puzzles can not yet be solved since all the game does at the moment is displaying a placeholder intro and then switching into a default puzzle, there is no puzzle selection yet. Also, I'd need to know how surfacing should work (as in, returning to the surface after collecting all gems) - shall it be triggered when the player reaches his initial height or shall he return to the exact starting spot or shall a special goal spot be defined in each puzzle?
I'm currently working on a puzzle editor - a seperate app which enables puzzle editing (duh!). This way, puzzles won't need to be hard-coded into the game and puzzle makers can test them more easily. When I've got that done, I'll return to the actual game and make a puzzle selection screen. Puzzle Editor will let you edit the list of puzzles, setting width and height for each and placing blocks (dirt, rock, gem, boulder, player (goal?)). The Game will identify puzzles by a ten character name (should be unique).

TL;DR - I'm still working on this. Progress is slow, though, since I don't have too much time and usually just work on this on the ~1h train rides to and from university.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IDEA] I dig this game (tentative title) - by Previous - 11-14-2011, 03:49 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 09-26-2012, 01:19 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 09-27-2012, 04:11 AM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Kami - 10-15-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Mag - 11-24-2012, 10:50 PM
RE: I dig this game (tentative title) - by Phaze - 11-30-2012, 08:17 PM