Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Looking for an artist for our 2D Game Project
You can't expect the people you're hiring to be as excited about your project as you are. People need a good reason to work for free. "You'll get exposure", "I'll give you a good reference" or "It's a portfolio piece!" are not good reasons. I'll get exposure and a potential portfolio piece out of basically anything I produce in my spare time; and 'getting a good reference' isn't really going to convince many people to devote time to a project that you yourself have implied to be a lengthy one.

When you need your shower fixed, do you ask your plumber to work for free because he'll get valuable experience in fixing your shower?
Also, you're right that we all need money to live. Which is precisely why expecting someone to do time-consuming work in the long term for absolutely nothing in return is unreasonable. You're not a big name company offering networking opportunities in an internship; you're not a charity doing something life-changing that someone might want to help out with for free; you're just a leech looking to exploit artists that you hope are too ignorant about the worth of their own work to expect to be paid for a job.
Maybe you should read this:
http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/forum/...hp?t=23924
and stop expecting people to give you shit for free.
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for an artist for our 2D Game Project - by Chutzpar - 10-10-2011, 04:50 PM