Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
I like how no one is talking about the Nintendo 3DS Price drop
(09-14-2011, 12:06 AM)Flannel Bastard Wrote: Honestly, I wish I could just agree with you guys, I don't want to become "that fanboy" because I'm not, I just honest to god don't see eye to eye with you on this. I know this isn't a BIG sampling, but I've been talking with a lot of the other video game design majors, or other people on campus in general about this, and a lot people really don't care that Nintendo is doing this, but rather, "Oh hey, thats pretty cool, its cool to see they're stepping up" and I actually convinced somebody to get a 3ds because of this and the fact that a slayer line up is coming instead of a ps3 or something like that (I can't exactly remember what it was) But what I'm getting at is, I only really see the negativity here; and elsewhere and out here, most people are looking forward to the 3ds attachment and games.
Video game majors that are not actually developers and people that are not up to date with the video game business in its current state do not understand why this is a Very Big Deal.

I know it doesn't seem like much, but something as simple as this peripheral could cause the 3DS to fade out into obscurity very quickly and cost Nintendo lots of money. Like Kriven said before; bad decisions outweigh possible potential.

Might I remind everyone that the 3DS's poor sales not only forced the 3DS to drop price very shortly after its release, but it also caused Iwata and a bunch of other Nintendo staffers to have to cut their own salaries in order to prevent the mass firing of a bunch of workers? Something as simple as this product could cause that to be harmed even further.

Nintendo have been taking a gamble with the 3DS ever since its release and instead of thinking about their choices a little better, they have only continued to gamble-- very risky behaviors for a company that has been around for more than 25 years.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: I like how no one is talking about the Nintendo 3DS Price drop - by Alpha Six - 09-14-2011, 01:07 AM