Users browsing this thread: 38 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
I don't feel like my friend/bandmate is really trying with our band. I mean I can't exactly explain to him how I want a song to sound because I can't play instruments, and I'm not taught in music theory, but to him grindcore is mashing as many notes as possible together and playing really sloppy(I don't know if I mean this in the way it's intended, like he's plays well technically, but coming out of the amp it sounds like a mess)...
Despite showing him countless grindcore bands, he just says they all sound the same/bad , and it's just frustrating, to the point where I just want to tell him I'm dropping out, he can take it wherever he wants or drop it as well.
Today we were recording and our song we're working on now is just him playing as many notes possible in repetition, there's no sense of direction, it's really muddy, you can't tell what's going on, and it just sounds bad. I get that our grindcore project thing started off as a joke with our first song, but I really like grindcore, and if we're going to be an actual band, I don't want to sound like a joke, I want to sound like a really good band, even if our name is Cvmslvt.

EDIT: And to make it worse, I have no idea how to tell him, because I'm pretty sure anyway I do it'll offend him, and you know that's unavoidable, but it's hard to do.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Gwen - 11-11-2012, 06:29 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM