Users browsing this thread: 38 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
Well it's about that time again, not to make light of it but October through to the new year is always a spike in people getting depressed and moody, there's actually some medical reasons behind it but I won't clog up the thread with it.

I learned a long time ago that suicide isn't an option, in almost all cases it's a mistake or a logical error, let me explain.
I'm going on the assumption that there is no afterlife, if that doesn't gel with your world view then I shouldn't have to explain anything because even if there is a heaven or hell, the bible is pretty clear on suicide being a one way ticket to the devils door.

Let's go with the purely physical side of things first, your brain and body at the most basic level are designed to try not to die, you would be amazed at exactly what you can survive.
You can do enough damage to completely ruin whatever life you might have had, which sadly happens a lot, but doing enough damage to yourself to actually die isn't nearly as easy as you might imagine.

From a logical perspective it's much simpler, everything is temporary, and I do mean everything, whatever you're feeling right now literally can't last forever.
Even in the ultimate worst case scenario you'll eventually die anyway.
The only reason to cut that timescale down yourself is if your current suffering, right this moment, outweighs any happiness you have or future happiness you might achieve.

Again, this is almost never true except in the most extreme cases, if you're going to die in the most blindingly agonising way possible in the next hour, I recommend you shoot yourself in the head right now, but on the other hand that girl you like might ask you out tomorrow, and women tend to be less attracted to you when you're dead.

The better option if you're genuinely considering ending it all is to think about why, work out what is causing you so much unhappiness and try to fix it, odds are the effort to change things isn't nearly as bad as the unhappiness it's causing you to not change it.
Besides, if you're planning on committing suicide anyway you have literally nothing to lose even if you fail completely, so why not keep trying?
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by PatientZero - 10-23-2012, 09:18 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM