Users browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
(10-10-2012, 05:06 PM)puggsoy Wrote: He supports the idea of helping my suffering, but he doesn't support the idea of a throat spray helping. He's real sceptical about medicines and that sort of stuff, and only gets them if it seems really serious. Even then he has his doubts. He prefers us to just take raw garlic (just a chopped clove) and lemon, and to be honest they are sufficient, at least for simple stuff like this.
Lozenges maybe, but again he'll probably say they're not needed.

Oh dear, sounds like he's one of those people that thinks medicines are made out of some kind of "synthetic chemicals".
The fact of the matter is that there are a lot of natural remedies and cures that work just fine, most of the treatments I do myself are based around things I have around the house already, lemon, honey, oils, herbs and so on.
The problem is that people don't understand that most medicines, particularly the ones you can buy over the counter, work in exactly the same way but with more refined substances. Most, if not all, medications and drugs are extracted from plants, you can even extract them yourself if you have the equipment and know the process.

Anyway, that's besides the point really, sore throat, right.
Like Jetters said it could be an early symptom of an illness, or it could be one of the bajillion other causes, which are all fairly simple and boring so I won't go through them all.
(As a heavy smoker and a singer I can tell you first hand that you don't have to be sick to have a sore throat)

Best advice is to drink honey and lemon in hot water and make sure you're getting enough fluids, and generally treat it like any other illness, avoid smoking, spicy foods, alcohol, caffeine and other things that might aggravate it.
Should ease off in a day or two, but it can last upward of a week, if it hasn't gotten better after a couple of weeks you may have an infection and need a course of antibiotics, but unless there are other obvious symptoms you're pretty much healthy enough to go about your day like you normally would.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by: Garamonde, puggsoy

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by PatientZero - 10-11-2012, 12:43 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM