Users browsing this thread: 35 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
(10-06-2012, 08:02 PM)Goemar Wrote: Pigs are pretty smart (equal to dogs). So I don't think intelligence has anything to do with it. (Side Note: I'd have nothing against eating a "free-range" dog).
Plus saying it's Okay to eat something because it's dumb can lead to a rather twisted outlook on life...

pigs are OMNIVORES

and yes carnivores and omnivores are generally smarter because it takes more brain power to outwit other animals than it does plants

and besides you're missing the point

[Image: carnivore-support-group.jpg]

oh thread glitch

but my point was not its ok to eat fish because they're dumb but animals that eat meat are smarter like people who eat meat are smarter
(which was a joke)

but as far as ethics go nothing wants to become dinner not even plants, and any form of life will do everything in its power to stay alive

an animal feeling pain is just a way for it to avoid too much damage, no different from how a plant immediately starts to produce defense proteins and begin to heal itself and do whatever else it does like alert other plants, draw predators near to scare off the animal eating it etc.
Thanked by: Zadaben, Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Helmo - 10-06-2012, 08:05 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM