Users browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
(10-06-2012, 09:31 AM)Previous Wrote: I don't understand the onion juice thing - you don't need it in vegetarian food, there's lots of things you can make without onion plus many people put onion to meat, too?
It's not specifically about Onions, that's just one example. One time I had my usual meat sub (don't ask) in Subway and the person accidentally put some salad on it and took it off again. Paid no heed to it and went to eat it. About a third of the way through the sub, the taste immediately filled my mouth. I almost wanted to just toss it in the bin. I only didn't because I was quite hungry. Left Subway as a non-happy camper. Gonna Puke

I absolutely cannot stand vegetables in any meaningfully nutritious form. I can stand products made with some stuff like onion extract (details elude me) or what-have-you, but those don't taste anything like their original form and are usually used in things like snack foods (hi Paprika Pringles).

I think I'm a supertaster or something, but a lot/all of of my senses seem to be rather heavily magnified, which can make things... difficult. People always, without fail tell me "oh you won't taste it!", "oh you're just being fussy!". No, I'm not. People have lied to me about what's in the food I eat and my tongue immediately tells the truth. I then get scolded for wasting food. No wonder I never eat anything with other people or eat anything I absolutely cannot verify the contents of (which usually disqualifies anything resembling a restaurant. I'll eat my plain bread roll just fine thanks).

I honestly wish I could eat 'proper' like everyone else. Everything I eat is prepared in specific/barebones ways so it won't intrude on my tongue. It's not common but sometimes textures of food can be an issue (a thankfully rare occurrence or I'd probably starve).

I hope that eventually there's some sort of food/substance that can deaden the bitter taste receptors in your mouth or even better, turn bitter to sweet. There is a berry that does similar for sour -> sweet but... I don't usually have a problem with sour stuff. It's always the bitter Blank
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Phaze - 10-06-2012, 02:45 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM