Users browsing this thread: 35 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
I wouldn't panic too much unless it keeps happening, it could easily just be that something you ate didn't agree with you, was gone off or wasn't cooked right, it happens to all of us at some point.
That's not to detract from how horrible it can be, between being an embarrassing problem and that clammy skin-crawling feeling it gives you, not to mention how it just generally makes you feel disgusting, you've got my sympathy.

(I'm gonna talk about a couple of gross things here to do with bathroom stuff, if it makes you uncomfortable go ahead and skip reading it)

I know for a fact that there isn't anyone alive who hasn't at some point been hit with vomiting or diarrhoea, I also know that it's not something that people talk about generally so I want to just touch on a couple of things.
To be blunt, when your body is trying to get rid of something the best thing you can do is to let it, think about it, if your body is trying so desperately to void its bowels or empty its stomach that usually means there's something in you that you really don't want.
To give the classic example, when you drink too much alcohol you will vomit, for most people their first reaction is to try and hold it in because vomiting isn't nice.
Unfortunately that's almost exactly what you shouldn't do, alcohol is a poison, albeit a pleasurable one, that sick feeling you get is your body trying to get rid of it, you may not believe me but if you want to stop feeling sick the best thing to do is just go and vomit, you'll feel much better.

The same thing goes for any other reason you may need to rush to the bathroom (assuming you're otherwise healthy with no underlying condition or anything), even if it's a virus or bug, that purging is your body trying to flush out the illness, which is exactly what you want even if it isn't pleasant.
In some cases "holding it in" can even make things worse, the longer it stays in your digestive system the more your body will try to break it down and take it in as if it's regular food.
Or to simplify it, that's like eating poop. Don't eat poop.

Unfortunately there is an obvious downside, vomiting and diarrhoea both dehydrate you and can leave you malnourished, so it's not a flawless system, think of it as an emergency evacuation of your digestive system, the only way to be sure it's getting rid of the right thing is to get rid of everything.
Only thing you can really do is grin and bare it, try to keep something in your stomach and get plenty of fluids (soup is good, that's not an old wives tale), and of course if it's long-term or doesn't get better after a couple of days my advice is the same as always, go see a doctor.

Oh, and like most things, a nice hot bath or shower can do wonders for making you feel better, if nothing else.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by PatientZero - 09-27-2012, 12:31 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM