Users browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
My earbuds broke (again) a month or so ago, that is only one side would work unless you went through the trouble to get the wire in an specific position so they both worked. Anyway, my dad went to get a new pair but they were, simply put, kinda sucky. I mean most electronics in most Egyptian shops is below par anyway, I wasn't expecting too much, but my dad's logic got sort of made it worse.

This is what happened: I said I wanted earbuds. Apparently, the only good headphones that weren't inner-ear eabuds (*shiver*) were over-ear cans. That's all right, I mean earbuds are preferable (for portability more than anything else), but I don't mind. However, my dad conjectured that I simply want the smallest headphones available.
Viola, I get small cans that squish on my ears instead of covering over them.

These hurt. Occasionally they manage to sit in a position which is OK, but most of the time they really bend my ear edges which is not really comfortable. Sometimes it's even a relief to take them off. Recently I've been getting more used to it, but even so I tend to listen to stuff in general less than I used to. Plus they're horrible for the DS so I just use the speakers.

I did tell my dad after a few days of testing them, explaining that I care more about comfort than size. However, it seems all Egyptian shops have an unwritten "no backsies" policy, and thus buying a new pair without getting a refund for this pair is out of the question.

Thus I'm stuck with these for a while. I mean I can still play TF2 and hear a Heavy coming round the corner, and during that time I barely notice my headphones anyway (since I'm focused on backstabbing that Sniper). It's just that when I'm not listening to anything I tend to take them off, even if I'm planning to listen again in 5 minutes. I don't even listen to music when sprite ripping anymore.

(And for those who are gonna say I should have bought the headphones with my dad, it's not really that simple. My dad doesn't really make time or plans for us to go out and buy this sort of stuff so he said he'd just buy them next time he went out and passed by the shop.)
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by puggsoy - 09-16-2012, 03:11 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM