Users browsing this thread: 31 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
Kat Wrote:Also terrible nausea is now a symptom. Roommate suggested that I drink water in tiny sips every five minutes or so to "massage the intestines" and water is making me feel like I'm going to vomit.

Uhg, it hasn't gotten worse, but it still exists. I might try waiting out the 11 days to my doctors appointment (it is with a GI doctor. I was told at the hospital a couple months ago that feeling any kind of back pain along with the stomach pain is bad, so I'll just tell him about it.), but if it gets worse then hospital time. Unfortunately, even with insurance a hospital trip it like $60, specialty doctors visit is only $35. I don't really have that kind of money right now because I need to get my car roadworthy, and while my health is more important then that, I'd much rather only pay $35 rather then $95 in medical bills this month.

Ok, I'm not entirely sure where to start here, but I feel like I should apologize to everyone that I seem to be basically stealing this thread for playing doctor, I hope I'm not getting too annoying for the healthy folks around these parts.

That said, I can see what your roommate is thinking, but really sipping water like that is only recommended if you're actually vomiting, otherwise it's better to just drink like you normally would.
(for vomiting it's good because you need to keep fluids down, and sipping water usually doesn't set it off.)

Now, I'm loathe to say this but it looks like I'm just gonna have to give it to you straight, please remember that on paper I'm still leaning on "you're going to be fine" but if you're putting off getting examined you should be aware of the possibilities.

Right, the symptoms I'm going by are nausea and gradually escalating lower-left abdominal/back pain.
Aside from cramp, strain or other muscular injury, the lower-left side has some specific organs that could be in trouble, with conditions ranging from "temporarily uncomfortable" to "permanently fatal".
Without digging into research, it could be a bowel obstruction, blockage or inflammation, a hernia, appendicitis, an aneurysm, bowel or kidney abscesses, bowel cancer, or kidney stones.
And unfortunately because of some more gender-specific organs, there's also the possibility of ovarian cysts, twists, ruptures, cancers, or even an ectopic pregnancy.

Again, I'm not trying to scare you and I'm not even close to being qualified enough to diagnose anything for certain, but since you haven't seen a doctor already it tells me you should at least know why you should get examined to rule out the possibilities.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by: Maxpphire

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by PatientZero - 09-03-2012, 04:16 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM