Users browsing this thread: 36 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
(08-29-2012, 04:55 PM)puggsoy Wrote: Been trying to make my program work properly but it just won't. I've looked my code over a million times and traced everything but for some reason a specific function keeps returning a value that it shouldn't.

I mean I don't mind debugging legitimately faulty code, if there's a typo or some obvious thing I did wrong sometimes it's even fun. But seriously this is just ridiculous. If it is my fault then I'll probably laugh at my stupidity afterwards, but right now I can't find a single crack and it's just really grinding my gears.
Ooooh yes. Best of them all.
Recently, I had some perfectly fine code that didn't work because one of the variables took larger values then the array I was indexing with it held (which I just did not expect but you never know what you get when reading strange data formats).
Sometimes it helps to let it rest for a day or two and then look at it again or to show it to someone else.
Thanked by: Guy, puggsoy

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by Previous - 08-30-2012, 01:43 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM