Users browsing this thread: 42 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
I suspect that I might be giving away the fact that I maybe kind of wanted to be a doctor.

(08-29-2012, 11:47 AM)Shadow Kami Wrote: I get sick when I take painkillers/painrelievers. so it's a lose/lose situation. I end up feeling worse after taking the painrealievers/painkillers. There's no point in taking them if I feel worse in the end.
If it's always the case that sounds almost like an allergic reaction, you would have mentioned if there was any swelling or hives afterwards so it can't be a serious reaction at least.
I hate having to ask questions like this, but have you tried different kinds of pain relief? specifically paracetamol and ibuprofen, in theory if you react to one you shouldn't react to the other.
In rare cases you can get a broad enough allergic reaction to cover almost all painkillers, but since it's so mild if you do react to both it's much more likely that there's another cause.

(08-29-2012, 01:15 PM)Kat Wrote: Oh, so I've had a kinda small but sharp pain that kinda appears occasionally on my lower left side kinda near my belly button thats existed since yesterday.

Now kinda worried that maybe I have something worse then stomach ulcers. Said hospital that I went to that diagnosed me is kinda known by a not so great reputation sometimes and I'm still waiting for that appointment date with the GI doctor to come.

Hmm, interesting location, I'm assuming that it's a muscular pain rather than "stomach" pain? that's a tricky one to word, I mean does it feel more like a bruise or a cramp rather than feeling sick or some other internal discomfort?

To put your mind at ease a bit, stomach ulcers are pretty easy to diagnose and to treat, I'd be very surprised if a registered hospital anywhere in the world could misdiagnose them under regular circumstances.
(And by regular I mean I'm assuming you haven't had any previous major bowel surgery, gunshot or shrapnel trauma or any kind of serious bacterial infection in your digestive tract, and that the doctor wasn't drunk, asleep or on fire at the time.)

Going by the most simple cause it's probably just a pulled muscle or possibly a trapped nerve, those go away by themselves, but funnily enough a good way to relieve it is, again, with a nice long bath.
As long as the pain isn't crippling or lasts more than a couple of days there's zero reason to be worried about it, the stress is probably worse for you than anything else.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by: Gwen

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by PatientZero - 08-29-2012, 02:04 PM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM