Users browsing this thread: 32 Guest(s)
the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX
Technically you would be right, the nerves that handle "pain" are exclusive to your less squishy parts, in reality any pain felt in the brain isn't actually that simple, often it's caused by an irregularity or malformation in the pain receptors, or to put it simply the bits of the brain that tell you it hurts are fibbing.
Oh, and also because our brains are sort of dumb, they can register emotional pain or psychological trauma as physical pain, when you're upset things really do hurt more, hooray!

It's actually not common for your brain to hurt like that, and if it is there's generally something severely wrong up in your thinker, more common is for things to hurt when there's nothing wrong with them, like having leg pain even though your leg is totally fine.
It gets even more complicated when you take into account differed pain, i.e you bang your knee and your arm starts to hurt, which is way more common than you might think and has a number of causes, actually it's taken as normal with dental pain strangely enough, the tooth that hurts might not be the one causing pain. I could write you a 200 word essay on differed pain, but that's not actually what you asked about.
Oh, and there's phantom limb pain too, where a missing limb can hurt, even though by its very nature there's literally nothing there to hurt.

So basically what I'm saying is that in reality any part of you can hurt for any number of reasons, including parts of you that aren't even there in the first place, and for reasons that don't make any sense at all.
Luckily, the most obvious and/or common cause is almost always the right one, so don't worry about it too much or you might give yourself a headache in your foot.

Oh look, it's that first post bug again.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by: Guy, Baegal, Maxpphire, Gaia

Messages In This Thread
RE: the poop happens world we live in thread 2XXX - by PatientZero - 08-29-2012, 11:22 AM
My head hurts. - by Ivyleaf1212 - 03-11-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: My head hurts. - by Gors - 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM